Sunday, May 1, 2011

SPRING CLEANING, PICTURE HAPPINESS, AND GETTING CREATIVE WITH MY BAD SELF...

Hello fellow style beings. I've been away far too long due to technical difficulties. Basically my laptop had an attitude. Now that she's back to her old self, we can get back to the business of all things fab.

SPRING CLEANING, A CATHARTIC EXPERIENCE
Recently I've been getting my Spring cleaning on. Let's face it, the task of cleaning out one's closet seems daunting on any one's best day. However, feeling like I couldn't avoid it forever, I dove right in. My aim was to weed out my winter pieces, introduce my Spring and Summer, and edit my transitional pieces. It's not easy, making decisions about the fate of that Issac Mizrahi zebra- striped skirt that has only seen the light of day once in the seven years you've owned it. I donated it to charity. Then there are the hidden treasures to be unearthed. You know, those shoes you bought on sale. Still in the box, untouched. As though they were waiting for you to remember them. I love those moments. It makes the whole tedious process worth it. After many hours and what seems like a war, my closet came together in an organized, cohesive way that I could live with.
FOUND TREASURE! THESE CUTE MAX STUDIO BALLET
FLATS WERE IN A RANDOM BOX IN MY CLOSET.



I don't know if it's the weather or if creativity is just in the air, but I'm obsessed with projects! I just recently made what I call an "inspiration board". I took a cork board and mounted it to the wall and filled it with post cards, pictures, quotes, etc. They're funny, sad, weird, but always thought provoking and a great conversation piece. For me it's art with a purpose.
WHEN IN DOUBT MAKE YOUR OWN ART!



















STEF SHAW, OWNER/ CREATOR OF
NATIVE HEARTS


ONE OF THE MANY NECKLACES I OWN FROM NATIVE
HEARTS. WWW.SHOPNATIVEHEARTS.ETSY.COM
Part of the reason I'm so inspired to revisit the designer in me, is my friend Stef Shaw. She is the owner and creator of the emerging accessories line, Native Hearts. Her jewelry is one of a kind and hand made. Every time she makes new pieces I have to have everything! Her charm necklaces put the charm in charming, but she also knows how to go all rocker on your ass with colorful shoulder- grazing feather earrings. At $12-30 (www.shopnativehearts.etsy.com), you can't sleep on this. And just think you can say you have some of her earlier work, when she gets hugely popular.


KISSES!!!
I'm looking forward to sharing my new creations with you weekly. Right now I'm working on a very playful spin on the vintage slip dress and putting the finishing touches on a denim short designed entirely by me! Be sure to comment and post your own creations on my page and follow me on Twitter for Fashion Blahs & Blurbs by She_Chic (www.twitter.com/shechic1). Thanks to everyone who has been viewing the page and hounding me to write more! Till next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment