Sunday, January 2, 2011

1ST ANNUAL BEST/ WORST DRESSED OF 2010 SMACK DOWN!



Snooki comes in at # 3 on our Worst Dressed
List.

Oh Lady Gaga you definitely
deserve the #2 spot for this getup.


I mean really Nicki  Minaj?
Doing too much got you to the SMACK DOWN
of being the Worst Dressed of 2010!
Alright Darlings let it's get right down to it! 2010 left us wondering several things when it comes to celebs and their wardrobes. Like, has fashion become so uninteresting that our only option is to wear meat, Lady Gaga? And to Snooki don't be mad at us for calling you Oompaloompa when you're 4 feet tall, orange and run around with that pouf! My friends  voted these two the worst of the year but for me Nicki Minaj reigns supreme in the Worst Dressed arena. I am literally awed by well, the awfulness. To say she's over the top is an understatement. She succeeds in taking tacky to a new level. Nicki might be able to bust a dope rhyme but she needs a makeover or under.


 
Looking cougarific at the
Apollo Theater Spring
Benefit

Showing she's more than
cleavage and ass @
Fashion Week.

Looking low- key fab. That's
why you're #1 SJP!
 When it comes to the Best Dressed of 2010, I received some interesting input. Some that were mentioned were Gweneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Emma Watson (Harry Potter), and Heidi Klum. I even know someone who would claim Rihanna among his Best Dressed (he just thinks she's hot:). For me I'm going to go with an old standby, Jennifer Lopez in the number 3 spot. She is still fashionably relevant and at 40 looks as amazing as ever! Now I know I'm gonna get crap for this but Kim Kardashian takes number 2. What can I say, she knows what works for her! Dressed up or down, she works it. And finally in the shining #1 spot, my style icon Sarah Jessica Parker. She continues not only to defy the trends but to set them. And now with her collaboration with the Halston line, she is sure to inspire us in 2011. 

In leaving 2010 behind these are the top 5 trends that need to be left there as well:

                                                     1. My personal favorite, Uggs with booty shorts
                                                         or miniskirts.
                                                     2. Sunglasses at night.
                                                     3. Kitten heels "Wear real heels already!"
                                                         says my girl Kristen.


Oxymoron of the Week. Courtesy of my
friend Anika.
                                                       4. Socks with any kind of high  heel.
                                                       5. Blinged- out jeans. Remember
                                                           when jeans were just  jeans?
                                                    

Believe it or not there are a few trends that are allowed to follow us into 2011. They are:

                                                     1. High waisted trousers. When combined with a
                                                         wide leg very Faye Dunnaway in Bonnie &
                                                         Clyde.
                                                     2. Military inspired pieces. Just be sure to rock
                                                         one piece at a time.
                                                     3. Leather leggings. Could go horribly wrong.
                                                         So be careful.

The great thing about a new year is that you get to start fresh. That means your wardrobe too. Let's learn from the above celebrity faux pas and set some new trends of our own. Happy New Year.  


5 comments:

  1. love love love totally agree with everythinggggg :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget...White is the new Black. And Rihanna is a total babe! Black DOES NOT make you look thinner, and K.I.S.S. is and forever will be the best and only tool for wardrobe. (for those that aren't familiar with the K.I.S.S. theory, Keep It Simple Stupid!) Pay specific attention to footwear and layers. Love this blog and Love Ebony! Cheers to the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!!! this is a great post and I agree with everything as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO you rock my world! there are a tremendous amount of fashion mishaps that I continue to see despite the shitiness but the one that takes the cake has to be the two-tone hair color!!!! (Fire engine red and black or platinum blonde and black etc) I hate hate hate it! its the perfect way to set off any heinous House of Derion/Volcom/Ed Hardy Bag and hoody. Bling jeans also are terrible, thank you for the dishonorable mention, btw. Another famous no-no are the legendary "boots with the furrrr" (as Flo-Rida would call them). I so hate them that I will just leave my rant with that...(UGH! ...the whole crowd was looking at herrrrrrrr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicky, my sweet,what a great review on so many with bad taste. You called it girl ! The fleur di lis design is totally over the top here in the south. Thank god the fat boys can't wear them.

    Where can I get my license as the fashion police ? I would write tickets in my sleep !
    paige

    ReplyDelete